March 2015 Wish List-
We were blessed with a wonderful Christmas season here at Father Ed’s. Thank you for your tremendous support! Our needs going into the new year include….
Ed’s Top Eight- January 2015
- 1) Air mattresses (some alumni have no beds right away when they move into new apartments!)
- 2) Sturdy clothing rack (to better display clothing donations we receive)
- 3) Day planners for moms
- 4) Shampoo! We are very low!
- 5) Shower curtains (and rings) for alumni families
- 6) Pack of oil changes
- 7) Feminine products, for our mothers and teen girls
- 8) Pedicures/Manicures (we’re hoping to treat the moms for Valentine’s Day)
Thank you, as always, for your continued support of Father Ed Judy House and the families we serve.
Thank you to our generous supporters for helping us meet the needs of the families we serve! Here are our top needs for November:
1) Toilet paper for our alumni families
2) Non-perishable food for alumni
3) Clothing Rack
4) Blankets/Comforters (twin-sized)
5) Feminine hygiene items
7) Air mattresses (for when families move out but don’t have a bed yet)
8) Donors to Adopt-A-Family for Christmas! This will be through the main office of Catholic Charities. More details to come, or call the main office at 303-742-0828. Several of our alumni families are on this list (and others are adopted through local parishes).
Here is our October 2014 Wish List:
- Canned food for the Alumni families
- Toilet Paper for the Alumni families
- Personal Products for the women
- Baby Monitors (5-8)
- Small Bulletin Boards for each of rooms (9)
- 1 Large White Board for the group facilitators to write on during our life skill classes
- Bus tickets – we can never receive too many of these!
- Pumpkins which can be carved by the families
Thank you to all those that helped fill the needs of our moms in June. If you would like to help us out again this month or missed the last here is the list of our needs this July:
1). Brooms – 1inside the house and 1 outside the house.
2). Bulletin Boards for each of the rooms (9)
3). Shower Baskets for each family (9) Click here for an example
4). Plastic Bins – storage for the rooms (20) – Click here for the type we need
5). Plastic Bins for under the bed (30) – Click here for the type we need and will fit.
6). Hygiene Items – Lg shampoo, conditioner, Soap, Deodorant, Dish Shop, or Toilet Paper
7). Plastic Accordion File – this helps our mom’s stay organized! Click here for an example
8). Bus Tickets
We are grateful for the community support we receive! It makes all the difference to our program and our families.
Our June Wish List-
1) Spare bathroom rugs
2) Ice packs (for summer ouches!)
3) Size 6 diapers
4) Hygiene items for alumni (shampoo, deodorant, body wash, etc.)
5) Large serving spoons (not slotted)
6) Box fans (it’s getting hot!)
7) Kids’ swimming pool- inflatable would be great- for our water day/spring cleaning day on June 28th
8) Big need item- a new dishwasher! Ours has served us well for several years now, but its new needs aren’t fixable. Please call Amy at 303-866-7641 for details about this.
Extra fun- Sign up with Father Ed Judy House on the new Catholic Charities Get Connected volunteer website! You’ll be updated about new volunteer needs, our wish list each month, and any other Catholic Charities programs you’d like to follow. Check it out at serve.ccdenver.org
Good morning, Alumni!
Just a reminder- we’ll have our monthly coffee hour this morning at our Sun Valley location (990 Alcott) from 9:30 to 11:00. Come visit with other alumni, and come prepared to tell some great wisdom about being a mom. Theresa is looking forward to hearing advice and thoughts from all of you. (No labor horror stories, please!) :) Our new program supervisor, Amy, will be looking forward to meeting you too! See you soon!